Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wikipedia










For Wikipedia, I am not sure if I would be willing to trust all the information on the site. If there was a paper that I had due for school,I know Wikipedia would not be one of my sources. In the past I have used Wikipedia but did not realize that people could edit the information. To me, Wikipedia is a way to get an idea on a topic.

For the Wikipedia scanner, I do feel this will be an advantage for Wikipedia. Being able to track where information is from makes more people not post false information. Even though some people would think twice about posting the information, there are some that do not care or will find a way to get around the Wikipedia scanner system.

It is clear that if a company had negative information on a site and had a chance to change the information, the company would. There were examples about Wal-Mart, Diebold and thousands other companies that had information that has been edited.

During the podcast the same information was stated. The people in the podcast did go into more detail on the subjects of Wal-Mart and other companies changing information on Wikipedia to better the company. I feel that one could either read the article or watch the podcast and obtain the same amout of information.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Wikipedia is not a source i would use to write a paper for school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Very good post!

    ReplyDelete