Monday, August 17, 2009

First Post

My name is Heather Vickrey and I am 22 years old. I am from Huxford, Alabama which is a small town 20 minutes north of Atmore. I live at home with my mom, dad and brother. My mom and dad have been married for 24 years which is huge for me! They are my number 1 supporters! My brother is 20 years old and I have spoiled him his entire life. One other member of our family is my 1 1/2 year old mini Dachshund. He is full of energy and a joy to be around.

Most of the hobbies that I enjoy, deal with being outside. I love to ride four wheelers and horses, hunt for deer, and spend time on the water. My favorite sport by far is softball. I have played fast pitch softball since I was 6 years old and love every minute of it. At this time I am not playing but did help coach a 4-6 year old softball team during the summer. A very important part of my life is my family and friends.

Considering my college career, I also have a story. When I graduated J.U. Blacksher in 2005 I received a 2 year scholarship to Faulkner State Community College. Faulkner was great and I loved it dearly. I took one year of General Studies courses and then with the other year I enrolled in the Dental Assisting Program. I figured out that was not for me after 2 semisters and then started to brainstorm for a new career. When I decided I wanted to become an elementary school teacher, I started taking night classes a Jefferson Davis Community College to work on my prereq's. This is now my first semester at the University of South Alabama and really think that I will enjoy the education program.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Post. Good luck in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the changing your major i did the same thin with nursing Good Post

    ReplyDelete