Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson-The Importance of Creativity

In the Importance of Creativity with Sir Ken Robinson, there are many statements made by him I agree with. By Sir Ken Robinson making examples from life experiences, I was able to connect on the points he made. These may be from an individual being wrong, learning from there mistakes, and by one growing out of creativity.

First of all I for one can see when Sir Ken Robinson comments on when is proved wrong there creativity is just more less out the door. Many times for me if someone downs me and does not encourage me on a topic, I just do not have the heart for the project anymore. In the talk with Sir Ken Robinson he mentions that we grow out of creativity. I see this as a very true statement. I know when I get further into my education classes I USA, I will see problems in the school systems. One problem that I see at this time is making a mold out of the students. I believe that different children are talented in there on different and unique ways. When these certain features are discovered the student is able to excel.

The story about Gillian Lynne was wonderful to me. I feel that teachers should understand the differences in students. They are not all alike and sometimes a teacher needs to go the extra mile to discovered what talent that student displays.

1 comment: