Saturday, November 14, 2009

At the Teacher's Desk



What is the importance of a collaborative professional blog? To me, this question can be answered with many different responses. A professional blog allows people to connect with each other and also learn from each other. In At the Teacher's Desk there is a question posted that states some suggestions on a website for students to do probability games. Within minutes many people commented and gave websites that they had used in the past themselves. This gave the teacher websites yet at the same time the teacher had good websites that had worked for other teachers in the past.

Within At the Teacher's Desk ,I looked over many blogs. Some that really got my attention were Pencils & Crayons Banned at School, Facebook as a Teacher, and Skype to Connect Foreign Language Students. While I was reading these blogs, I observed to myself what really gets my attention. Some things that stand out to me are the pictures on the website, the length of the post, and the title of the post. These factors can really bring attention for me or it can turn me away. To me, a post should not be to very long. The person needs to express what they are saying and support what they are saying, without having many paragraphs.

2 comments: