Sunday, November 29, 2009

What I Learned in EDM 310





My EDM 310 class has benefited me as I will be a future educator. There were times that I felt what we were learning was great, however I just do not see where the school systems in lower Alabama have money to implement these programs. I can see where the future of the school systems can be improved by the use of technology.Google docs and Google spreadsheets are a great tool to use if you do not have Office on your computer. I feel that a blog could help me as a teacher to communicate with students as well as parents. Learning about wiki was neat but at the same time I do not feel that I will use this information as much in the future knowing that the information can be edited. With the podcast and the videocast, I would not want to make another one of those. It made me very nervous. In the posts and YouTube videos, I was able to learn a lot. Twitter and iTunes are good to use but, I do not see myself using them in the future. It was very helped to learn about ALEX and ACCESS. It has useful information that will help me as I am a teacher.

At this time there is nothing that I feel I did not get in this class. I would like to take a refresher course in the future like this EDM 310 class. This will keep me stay up to date on what is going on in the world of technology.

I do not feel that I will use Twitter in the future. I have a Facebook account and do not have a chance to use anything else. The Skype is a neat network to use but I do not see myself using that much in the future also. Other than those two, everything else seems to be useful for me.

This class did not excite me. I feel that it would have been more exciting if I would have taken this class during the day instead of night.

Everything that we went over in the class was self explanatory. It did not take a rocket scientist by no means. There were actually times when I would get bored because other people did not understand what was going on in the class.

I would have not been so bored in the class if there would have been something to do during the entire class time. I think it would have been better if there was a dead time during the class that we work on classwork. I like to get in a classroom and do what I have to do and get out.

I enjoyed the course, however I do feel like more topics could have been covered at a time. This would help with the extra time in the classroom.

I feel that I am technological literate at this time. I would rate myself as being good. I feel comfortable on a computer but do realize that computers and technology is always changing.

To maintain my status of being technological literate, I will try to stay up to date on technology. If there is something new that comes out, I will read about it and see if that can help me. I feel as long as you get on the computer every day then you will always be technological literate.

No comments:

Post a Comment